We’re known for our wide selection of curated products and our strict quality standards, but now we’re sharing insider secrets that every Whole Foods Market shopper should know. Learn how to save money and time, discover new favorites and make the most of each grocery shopping trip with these 10 tips.
1. Save on Hundreds of Items. We’ve lowered prices on produce and more throughout the store, so you can save on hundreds of items, every day. Yes, really.
2. Sample Nearly Anything. Try before you buy! Our team members can open a bag of chips, slice a piece of fruit or twist open bottled iced tea. That way you can bring home products you like.
3. Customize Your Seafood. We custom cut and debone your fish, peel your shrimp and crack your crab at no charge. Our fishmongers are skilled pros with hours of training to do the job quickly. And they’ll place special orders for you too. As long as the fish meets our seafood standards and is available, we can get it for you. Just call the store and arrange a pickup.
4. Go Local. We love local. We've got a dedicated team of foragers working around the U.S., Canada and the UK to find the best locally grown, raised or produced items to feature at your local Whole Foods Market. Just look for designated signs around the store and check out our list of makers local to your state.
5. Save Even More as a Prime Member. Prime members get exclusive weekly deals, an extra 10% off items with yellow sale signs*, 2-hour delivery with Prime Now in select ZIP codes and shopping with Alexa. Plus, you can earn 5% Back every time you shop at our stores with the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card and an eligible Prime membership**. Find some of our best new deals highlighted on our website and hundreds more in-store. Start saving now — make sure you have the latest version of the Whole Foods Market app, sign in with your Amazon account and scan the Prime code in your app to get your deals and the extra 10% off sale prices.*
6. Find a Perfect Pairing. We sell the best wines and cheese we can get our hands on from all over the world. Plus, we have a master sommelier (the highest distinction a professional can attain in fine wine), and we’ve supported the development of more than 500 team member Certified Cheese Professionals (the highest standard for cheese professionals by the American Cheese Society). So, our wine and cheese experts know their stuff, and they’re eager to share their favorites and help you make a match.
7. Cater Your Events. Get out of the kitchen and let us do the work. (We won't tell!) Order a complete meal or à la carte dishes like entrées, sides, platters and desserts for celebrations, holidays or any day. Simply reserve online and pick up in-store.
8. Stock Your Pantry for Less. Our 365 Everyday Value line of pantry staples is value priced with quality in mind, and it includes hundreds of affordable organics from peanut butter and pastas to cereals and frozen fruits.
9. Discover Fan Favorites. Our original recipe Berry Chantilly Cake, Seeduction Bread and Sonoma Chicken Salad have such big followings, they’ve inspired many similar recipes, and at least one even has its own hashtag (#berrychantilly).
10. Order Custom-Made Cakes. Special-order cakes for birthdays, weddings or other celebrations just the way you want them — made without hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and 100+ other food ingredients we ban, such as certain colors, flavors and preservatives. Simply call your local store to order.
- Time to save. Most store sales refresh on Wednesdays.
- Cut to order. If you need only half a melon, fish fillet, wedge of cheese or loaf of fresh bread, we’re happy to provide just the half you need.
- Case discounts. You can also get discounted pricing on many items — like everyday beverages and snacks — when you buy a full case. Ask Customer Service for details.
- A quick bite. Get ready-made meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner in our Prepared Foods department and don’t forget our hot bar or salad bar, which include organic produce.