Recipe: Mediterranean Grain Bowl
New! Shop this recipe's ingredients and get them delivered with Prime on Amazon. Exclusively for Prime members in select ZIP codes.
This veggie-packed Mediterranean grain bowl boasts big, bright flavors and comes together quickly on a weeknight. Start with our 365 Everyday Value Quinoa and Bulgur Wheat Blend, then pile on a lemony-herby cucumber-chickpea salad, briny kalamata olives, toasted pine nuts and more.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 English cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 (13.4-ounce) package 365 by Whole Foods Market Organic No-Salt Added Garbanzo Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (8.8-ounce) bag 365 by Whole Foods Market Quinoa and Bulgur Wheat Blend, cooked according to package directions
- 6 cups spring mix
- 1 avocado, quartered and sliced
- 2 medium red beets, cut into thin matchsticks
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
In a medium bowl, whisk together lemon juice and olive oil with parsley, mint, dill, salt and pepper. Add cucumber and toss, then spoon cucumber into a separate bowl, leaving the herb mixture behind. Next, add the garbanzo beans to the herb mixture, toss to coat and set aside.
To assemble, place ½ cup cooked grains in each of the 4 serving bowls. Add spring mix to bowls, then top with cucumbers, garbanzo beans, avocados, beets, olives and pine nuts. Tuck a wedge of lemon into each bowl and serve.