Recipe: Baked Breaded Cod
This simple preparation of cod will become a weeknight favorite. Ask the fishmonger for cod fillets of equal thickness to ensure even baking. To round out the meal, toss asparagus and cherry tomatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast in a single layer with the cod while it’s baking.
Baked Breaded Cod
- 4 (6-ounce) pieces skinless cod fillet
- ¾ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter, divided
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup dried plain bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Sprinkle cod with salt and pepper and arrange on the baking sheet. Drizzle it with half the butter and half the lemon juice.
In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, parsley and chives. Sprinkle the mixture over the cod and drizzle with remaining butter and lemon juice. Bake just until bread crumbs are crisped and cod flakes easily with a fork, about 12 minutes.