Recipe: Turkey, Chard and Sweet Potato Grain Bowl
New! Shop this recipe's ingredients and get them delivered with Prime on Amazon. Exclusively for Prime members in select ZIP codes.
This vibrant grain bowl has a little bit of everything — our hearty 365 Everyday Value Quinoa, Jasmine Rice & Chickpea Blend, crispy roasted sweet potatoes, seared ground turkey, rainbow chard, edamame and more. For a spicy, umami-packed punch, don’t skip the Korean gochujang sauce (or chile-garlic sauce).
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1¾ teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 scallions, white and green parts separated, thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red chile flakes
- 1 pound ground dark turkey
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1 bunch rainbow chard, rough stems discarded, thin stems and leaves cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 (8.8-ounce) bag 365 Everyday Value Quinoa, Jasmine Rice & Chickpea Blend, cooked according to package directions
- ½ cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- ½ cup toasted walnut halves
- 1 avocado, quartered and sliced
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds, optional
- Chile-garlic or gochujang sauce, for serving
Preheat oven to 425°F.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine sweet potatoes, 1 tablespoon coconut oil, maple syrup and ½ teaspoon salt. Mix until potatoes are coated then spread out in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast for 25–30 minutes or until caramelized and tender, flipping halfway through. Set aside.
Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon coconut oil, then stir in scallion whites and cook until lightly golden, about 2 minutes. Stir in red-pepper flakes and cook for 30 seconds, then stir in turkey, 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper and raise heat to medium-high. Cook, breaking up meat with a spoon, until golden and crisp, about 7 minutes. Don’t stir the meat too often so that it can turn deep brown. Transfer to a bowl, stir in scallion greens and cover to keep warm.
Return pan to medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons water and bring to a simmer. Add rainbow chard, then cover and cook until the chard begins to wilt, 3 to 5 minutes. Uncover and add ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper and continue to cook until the chard is just cooked through.
To assemble, place ½ cup cooked grains in each of the 4 serving bowls. Add turkey to each bowl, then top with roasted sweet potatoes, sautéed chard, edamame, walnuts and avocado. Top the avocado with the black sesame seeds, add a spoonful of chile sauce to each bowl and serve.