Get to Know the Whole Foods Bulk Aisle
If you tend to pass over the bulk bins, it’s time to turn your cart around and give it another look. When you do, you’ll find you can enjoy lower prices on some items in our bulk bins, which has always been a great place to find value in our stores. Plus, look for a new selection of buy-as-much-or-as-little-as-you-like nuts, dried fruit, candy, grind-your-own nut butters, grains, beans, trail mixes and more.
So, what can you buy in bulk? All kinds of things: rice, flours, pasta, soup mixes, cereals, trail mixes, sweeteners, nuts and seeds. And don’t forget snacks and treats.
Here’s why we love shopping the bulk bins:
- Reduce waste. Buy what you need for recipes and avoid extra packaging too — definitely something to keep in mind year-round.
- Save money. Buying only what you need means only paying for what you need. And with new lower prices on some items in the bulk section, that’s extra savings!
- Experiment. Try new and unfamiliar ingredients without committing to large bags of food that may expire in the back of your pantry. Playing with different flours in your favorite recipes can create new flavors, aromas and textures.
- Get fresh. Our bulk section is popular. We sell a lot of bulk foods, so they haven't been sitting and going stale, and where else can you find so many whole-grain and organic choices?
Get Started with 3 DIY Trail Mixes
Buy ingredients in bulk and have them on hand to make your own trail mixes for outdoor adventures or afternoon office snack attacks. Bulk selections vary by store — explore the offerings at your local store, then make a few of our favorite combos below or create your own!
- Banana chips
- Chocolate chips
- Dried cherries
- Sesame sticks
- Raw cashews
- Coconut flakes
- Dried pineapple
Seeds and Sweets
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Dried cranberries
- Chocolate-covered pretzels
Looking for more inspiration? Wholesome snacking is easy with these recipes on hand, starring some of our favorite ingredients from the bulk department: Chewy Coconut Granola Bars, Popcorn Trail Mix, Oat Date Bars, Whole Grain Almond Granola with Cranberries and Pimentón Roasted Garbanzos (tip: you can cook dried garbanzos from our bulk bins by following this simple method).